This grant is partially funded by the NC Arts Council in partnership with local agencies. The Cherokee County Arts Council is extremely appreciative of John C. Campbell Folk School for becoming a sponsor of this fantastic program to support local artists.
The Regional Artist Project grant of Western North Carolina (RAP go WNC) http://haywoodarts.org/aboutus/grants.html available for the 2012-2013 year. RAP go WNC is a partnership between the Arts Councils of Cherokee, Haywood, Graham (The Stecoah Valley Arts Center), Jackson counties, and the North Carolina Arts Council. Applications are reviewed by judges and a selection review panel from all four counties.
RAP go WNC provides financial support to developing professionals by funding a project that is pivotal to the advancement of their careers as artists. and is intended to fund a particular project that will conclude by November 2013. Grant awards generally range from $250-$750.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Cannot be currently enrolled in a degree or certificate program
- Must be a current resident of one of the participating counties (Cherokee, Macon, Haywood, and Jackson Counties)
- Must have maintained residency there for one year immediately preceding the application
- Previous award winners are ineligible to apply in consecutive years.
This grant may be used by artists for a variety of purposes including:
- Cost of presenting work for exhibits and/or auditions
- Training costs or tuition
- Promotional materials
- Work facilities and equipment
- Production of new work
Applications and appropriate documentation must be mailed by November 1, 2012 to:
RAP go WNC, PO Box 2212, Cullowhee, NC 28723