Wood You Join Us?

by Cory Marie Podielski on June 15, 2017

in Class Picks, Featured Classes, Wood

Woodworking, Woodcarving, and Woodturning are among our most popular subjects, and each discipline celebrates the beauty of wood in a unique way. Here at the Folk School, we use wood to craft furniture, bowls, sculpture, containers, vessels, tools, and more. Come get acquainted with wood this summer at the Folk School!

{ 8 comments… read them below or add one }

Marilyn Kowalski October 18, 2018 at 11:56 pm

Just a short note to say how much I enjoyed my recent trip and week long stay at the John C. Campbell Folk Craft school. The class I took was wood carving ….I’ve been carving for almost 10years but needed some guidance and instruction from a professional. Believe me I got everything I wanted and more.. My instructor,Larry Green has been teaching for over 20 yrs , and most of that time at the school….He is patient and your enthusiasm for carving will be revitalized after his class.. I highly recommend the school , the instructors, the entire environment was a great experience….I’m already looking forward to another class in the near future.
marilyn k,.

Tipper Pressley October 19, 2018 at 1:52 pm

Marilyn, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay at the Folk School. Hope to have you back in class here soon!

Chere McCoy August 29, 2018 at 12:02 pm

I am a Pyrographer (advanced) using both the Optima and Razor systems do you have any advanced class’ in Pyrography

Melinda James September 3, 2018 at 4:01 pm

Chere-good to hear from you. The only class we have scheduled at this time can be seen at the link below. The instructor may be contacted for more detailed information about the class.

jerry morgan August 16, 2018 at 10:14 am

Hey folks…
Jerry Morgan here, Covington Virginia….
I have been woodcarving for a number of years and am looking for classes/week long, 2 week residential type situations that I can get plugged into. I am realizing that I need some tutoring. I don’t have a definite style of carving and my history does not contain formal training. Self taught and wanting to carve more.
help me???

thanks
jerry morgan

Melinda James September 3, 2018 at 4:04 pm

Jerry-great to hear from you! You can follow the link below to search for upcoming woodcarving classes.

John McCarthy May 28, 2018 at 8:11 pm

I want a listing of your WOODTURNING classes (with course description, instructor(s) and dates) for this year.
I took the class before years ago and loved it (I even had a lathe of my own and turned some plates and a bowl (with a natural bark edge). I ended up selling the lathe.
I am thinking about trying it all again, and want to take a woodturning course again sometime.
Could you send a list of this years classes, or a link to an on-line catalog??
I’d also need a link with details of signing up and registering for a class (and housing). For next year if it’s too late for this year.
John McCarthy

Cory Marie Podielski May 31, 2018 at 3:39 pm

Hi John! Thanks for writing! We’d love to have you back for another Woodturning class. All class and registration information can be found on our website: folkschool.org
You can register for classes anytime, as long as space is still available.
Here is a link to our 2018 Catalog: https://folkschool.org/Course2018/flipviewerxpress.html
You can also browse by subject online. Here is a link to our remaining 2018 Woodturning classes: https://classes.folkschool.org/Browse.aspx?sub=Woodturning
Information about housing and meals is here: https://classes.folkschool.org/HousingandMeals.aspx
If you have any other questions, we would be happy to help you in the office: 1-800.FOLK.SCH (365.5724)
Thanks!